Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Washington DC Trip



I have been trying to get all of the pictures from my trip gathered so I can pick the best ones to post. My sister and I took SO MANY PICTURES.... We were there from the 3rd through the 11th.... We took over 1000 pictures!!! It was actually pretty ridiculous... but SO fun!
I went with my younger sister, my mom, my grandma, and
There were so many amazing things that we got to see.
Here are some of the places we saw:
Washington Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
National Cathedral
Fourth of July Parade
Concert at the Capitol (Huey Lewis and the News, Taylor Hicks)
Tour of the Capitol
White House
Arlington Cemetery
World War I Memorial
World War II Memorial
Korean War Memorial
The Spy Museum
Chinatown
And we got to ride on the double decker bus, which was really fun!

I have greater respect for all of the men and women that did serve and now serve our country... This trip opened my eyes to A TON of things. I think everyone that lives here needs to go and see all of the historic sites to get a better understanding of what these people really went through. I will never forget it.
Thank you to all who have ever served and who will serve. You have my prayers, love, and support.

2 comments:

The Elmers said...

How fun! I want to go now! It was so nice to talk to you last night! I will call you again in a few days!! And I love the new pics! Good job ;) Isn't it fun?!!

Jenny said...

what an exciting trip! glad you were able to go.