Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Last Week



It has been a while since I have blogged.... It has been quite a week! Deveren and Bailie left Thursday morning for California to go to his best friend Brandon's wedding. They stayed with Dev's parents and had a lot of fun! They visited Brad and Katie (our good friends), went trick-or-treating, and got to see Deveren's brother Sam and his family.

Ok so I should probably tell you why I couldn't go. Most of you don't know that I was 9 weeks pregnant.... I went to the doctor and they did an ultrasound and there was no baby. I miscarried the next day... I don't like people feeling bad for me that's why I didn't say anything earlier.
It was really hard to go through it, but it made me and my family stronger. I'm so grateful I have the gospel in my life and I know what happens after this life. I am feeling a lot better (physically and emotionally) and hope to be back to normal soon.

Now back to the exciting stuff! Deveren went to Brandon and Tonya's wedding (as the best man) and since I couldn't be there, he took some pictures for me so I could edit them and see what I could do with them! FYI: This is NOT my good camera... it's a point and shoot one, so this is the best I could do!
How adorable are they!!



I think this is one of my favorites









I LOVE these shoes!!






Ok so this is Eli, Daya, (Bailie's Aunt and Uncle) and Bailie trick-or-treating






My cute Bailie and Kammy. She was Cinderella...





They went to Mimi's Cafe one morning and Bailie got 'Dirt and Worms' (pudding, crushed oreos and gummy worms)





Here is Bailie, Grandma Sheri, and Bailie's cousin Eden






Sam's family came up to spend Sunday with the family.





While Dev and Bailie were in California, I moved to my mom and dad's house for the week. I watched movies, and tons of episodes of NCIS... I pretty much relaxed the whole time. It was SO nice! I really missed my fam and I am so glad they are home!!


I'm so sorry to everyone in Cali for not being there... I was SO SO sad when the doctor told me I shouldn't go... Especially sorry to Aunt Paralee and Uncle Tom, Courtney and Corey! I will make it up to you! Love you all and Thank you so much for the phone calls, flowers, love and support!








9 comments:

The Kynastons said...

I'm so sorry about your miscarriage Kiara. I had one at 12 weeks and it is not something I'd wish on anyone. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better and hope that things keep getting better for you!

Farley Smiles said...

We were sad to miss you and for what you've gone through, I can't imagine what it feels like. I'm glad you were at least able to get some good relaxing time in and that you sound like you are doing OK.

Laura said...

so sorry to hear your sad news...glad you are feeling better. it's not an easy thing to go through.

Jenny said...

so sorry about your miscarriage. i've had two, and i know it can be really, really hard. i'm glad you were able to spend some time with your family and that you got some rest. i'll be thinking of you.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry! I hope you continue to feel better. I am glad you had your family to take good care of you.

The Johnsons said...

Well I want to comment on HOW FREAKING CUTE YOUR FAMILY IS!!!! Little Bailie is such a cutie pie. I just love that little thing. I especially love the mimi's cafe one. :) she is a doll. You will have many more cute ones to come and bless your life. Trials come and they suck, but I can tell you that through all you have gone through in your life, that you are one STRONG person and you can handle anything!!!! It takes someone special to turn trials into blessings like you. WE LOVE YOU!!!

Lucy said...

Sorry about everything you are dealing with Kiara, but I promise it does get better!

As for the rest of your blog I am totally impressed with the pictures. I think they turned out great! I really loved the red shoes and tie on the dress, looked way cute, so did your little girl!

Good luck with everything glad you got to relax.

Whitney said...

Kiara I am so sorry. I know you are probably sick of hearing that but I really hope you are doing ok.

Kayla said...

Kiara! I know everyone else has already said this, but i'm sorry about what happened! i can't even imagine how hard that would be. i'm so glad you are feeling better! let me know if there's anything I can do for you!