Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Firstborn Turns 5

I can't believe my Bailie turned 5! I can't believe I'm old enough to have a five year old. Her birthday was on the 20th of March. Around 10am my Mom came and picked her up for a date :)
Bailie LOVES one-on-one time... Especially with her YaYa.


They went to see Dr. Seuss' The Lorax!

Had to have popcorn of course

After the movie they went to the store and Bailie got to pick out whatever she wanted! She chose a movie and a little puppy stuffed animal that she sleeps with her every night.
Thanks YaYa!! 

Backup a couple of months ago. I was talking with Bailie about her birthday and what she wanted to do. She told me she wanted:
A Dora cake
A piñata
A birthday card  

So we decided to do a Dora themed party... 

Dev was in charge of making her cake.   

He did alright I guess... :) 
(When I say alright I mean it's freaking amazing and pretty much the coolest cake i've ever seen)

The cute birthday girl

Dev and I spent the day getting ready for her party that night so the kids just played. 

That evening we had family and a few friends over for cupcakes, ice cream, a Dora piñata, and presents.
I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the entire gang... All of you, thank you for coming!!





After all of our guests got to our house, we went over to the church to do the piñata. (Thanks again Rachel for letting us in)
I forgot my camera at home but the kids LOVED it! 
Afterward, we came back home and opened presents. Bailie was spoiled once again! Here are some of the cool things she got.

A Dora table and chairs that you can color on with dry erase markers

She LOVES to draw and color so she got new notebooks

The game Guess Who

Markers

My older sister made this ADORABLE quilt for her! Thanks Aunt Brie!

Then it was cake and ice cream time!! 
When we were singing to her, her face was like this the whole time! No idea why.

Best picture of the evening! Haha

Bailie girl,
You are the most wonderful, smart, sweet, thoughtful, caring, kind, funny, little princess! I am so lucky to be your Mommy. Thank you for bringing so much love and laughter to our family. I can't believe you are already 5 years old. I hope we stay close to each other forever! I love you like crazy baby.
Love, 
Mom

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

FACTS ABOUT BAILIE:
Can't wait for Kindergarten, but will miss her preschool teacher, Miss Karli so much
Knows how to write all of her letters and is learning the sounds they make
Is a great big sister and teaches him LOTS of words... the most recent being "what the heck"
Is still the most social little girl 
Wants to be everyone's friend and gets her feelings hurt if they don't feel the same.
Favorite food is Mac and Cheese (Kraft brand) and can eat most of it by herself
Loves to be outside playing and riding bikes
Favorite color is still pink
Still wears size 4T clothes... Petite little thing!
Favorite ride at Disneyland is Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain
Cant wait to learn how to snap her fingers!


1 comment:

Talyn said...

That cake was freaking amazing. But seriously.

And Bailie, you really are the sweetest little girl I know. Happy Birthday! I sure do love you.