Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wedding Challenge Failure

Yes. Yes I am...
I was looking through all of the pictures on my computer and can't find any of my wedding ones :( I have prints but none on my computer to post. 
Just call me a failure... 
I was SO looking forward to finishing this challenge.
I guess I will finish but there won't be any pictures...

5. engagement/bridal pictures

I will try and find some to post soon
 
6. the colors
 My colors were deep purple, chocolate brown, gold, a deep red, and cream.

7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory? 
I actually rented my dress. I figure why spend lots of money on a dress that I am only going to wear once? It was white.

8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
I wore a veil that had the same detailing on my dress. After we got out of the temple it kept  pulling my hair out so I decided not to wear it anymore. I wore white tennis shoes and put pretty lace in them. 
I didn't have bridesmaids... my sisters wore cream tops and chocolate brown skirts.
I got my jewelry at the mall I think. I wore a necklace and earrings to match. 
 
9. the reception
We got married on a Wednesday. The reception was at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was amazing because we got married in the late afternoon, took pictures at the temple and then walked right over to the JSMB and had a nice sit down dinner and little program. Everything was all ready for us, I heard the food was great (I didn't eat very much because my corset was so tight I couldn't), and my family didn't have to worry about cleaning up. It was great! 
 
10. the cake/food
We just had cheesecake. No formal cake. I don't remember the food... If I could find my pictures, maybe I could tell you! :(
 
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding
 We danced to Sara Evans and Vince Gill's No Place That Far
 I can't imagine any greater fear
Than waking up without you here
And though the sun would still shine on
My whole world would all be gone
But not for long
If I had to run, if I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundreds rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls
Always know that I would find a way to get to where you are
There's no place that far 
(That's just the 1st verse and chorus but I LOVE that song)

12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day
 Everything about that day was wonderful. Everything went as planned. I didn't have any glitches.... It was great.  My favorite part of the day was walking into the sealing room and seeing all of our family and friends waiting for us. I will never forget it. 
My least favorite part was probably the corset I was wearing.... It made me look great but it did not make me feel so good :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It was fun to read more about your story. I'm glad you posted these.